Note: Bristol Food Network administers this site on behalf of the Bristol Food Policy Council.
As an organisation that tries to connect individuals and organisations working on Good Food in Bristol and also to publicise news and events that we hope will be of interest to them, we collect and store your email names, email addresses, and organisation names when you sign up to support the Bristol Good Food Alliance, sign up to the Bristol Good Food Charter, and/or sign up to receive the Bristol Local Food Newsletter, all of which can be done on this site.
Personal information that we collect
The type of personal information that we collect and use includes: full name, e-mail address, and organisation. The legal basis for processing is consent (for non-essential communications and legitimate interest.)
Where does your personal information come from?
Your personal information was provided by you when you either:
- signed up for our newsletter on one of our websites
- signed the Bristol Good Food Charter
- signed-up in support of the aims of the Bristol Good Food Alliance
What do we do with your personal information?
We will use this personal information to send you the Bristol Local Food Newsletter once a month and possible interim updates (if you have signed up to our newsletter), and/or other communications containing news of interest regarding Bristol’s Going for Gold initiative (if you signed the Charter or in support of the Bristol Good Food Alliance).
How long will we keep your personal information for?
We will not keep your personal data for longer than necessary under the legal basis for processing.
Sharing your personal information with other parties
We will not share your personal data for commercial purposes – for example, we will not sell your data to third parties or pass on your personal details to any third party.
Accessing and updating your personal information
- You have the right to ask what personal information is held about you and be provided with a copy.
- If any of the information we hold is incorrect we will correct it at your request.
- You can ask for us to delete the personal information concerning you that we hold from our records.
- You can withdraw your consent to how your personal information is being processed where that processing is based on your consent at any time.
- You can request that your data is sent to you or another organisation in a computer readable format.
In respect of all of the above options you should contact us using the details at the end of this notice.
If you are unhappy with how we are using your personal information you have the right to lodge a complaint with The Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk.
What we ask of you
Please give us accurate information and tell us as soon as possible about any changes to your personal information. Please tell us if you notice mistakes or inaccuracies in the information we have about you, as this helps us keep our information reliable and up-to-date.
To contact us concerning any of the matters in this notice, or to opt out of any e-communications such as a newsletter or other marketing communications, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time using the link at the bottom of the newsletter.